Servlet mailing lists are one of
the best sources for up-to-the-minute information about servlets and
related technologies. This page lists the mailing lists you may want
to join, with links for more information and to archives!
There are Servlets.com mailing lists
you can join also.
Now available: Searchable archives for
official servlet mailing list "servlet-interest"
- Well over three thousand servlet enthusiasts subscribe. Useful
for general servlet discussion. As always, try not to ask questions
whose answers are easily found on your own (like by reading a
- The official
JSP mailing list "jsp-interest"
- The primary list for people interested in JSP.
developer list "tomcat-dev"
- Developer discussion about the Apache Tomcat server.
user list "tomcat-user"
- User discussion about the Apache Tomcat server.
ServletExec discussion "servletexec-interest"
- Focuses on servlet discussion related to the ServletExec servlet
JRun official discussion "jrun-talk"
- Focuses on servlet discussion related to the JRun servlet container.
unofficial discussion "jrun-interest"
- An older list than jrun-talk, but still popular.
discussion list "tea-interest"
- Tea is a wonderful framework for dynamic content, as discussed
in Chapter 14 of Java Servlet Programming, 2nd Ed. On this
list you can learn about Tea from its creators, and from other
- WebMacro discussion
- WebMacro is a templating engine built on servlets, as discussed
in Chapter 15 of Java Servlet Programming, 2nd Ed. On this
list you can learn about WebMacro from its creators, and from
developer list "velocity-dev"
- Velocity is an Apache implemention of the WebMacro idea. This
is the developer discussion list.
user list "velocity-user"
- This is the Velocity user discussion list.
developer list "ecs-dev"
- ECS is an object-oriented method for creating dynamic content,
as discussed in Chapter 16 of Java Servlet Programming, 2nd
Ed. On this list you can watch and help ECS development.
user list "ecs-user"
- On this list you can learn about ECS from its creators, and
from other users.
XMLC discussion list "xmlc"
- XMLC is a servlet-driven method for dynamic content using XML,
as discussed in Chapter 17 of Java Servlet Programming, 2nd
Ed. On this list you can learn about XMLC from its creators,
and from other users.
Jakarta discussion list "general@jakarta"
- The central discussion forum for Apache Jakarta development.
- Struts developer
- Struts is an open source framework for JSP built with the "Model
2" architecture. On this list you can watch and help Struts
- Struts user
- On this list you can learn Struts from its creators, and from
developer list "taglibs-dev"
- Taglibs is an open source implemention of the JSP standard tag
library (JSR-052). On this list you can watch and help Taglibs
user list "taglibs-user"
- On this list you can learn Taglibs from its creators, and from
- Web-based discussion group on servlet issues.
- Servlets.com announce
- Provides you with notification when new content is added to
this site, such as a com.oreilly.servlet release or a soapbox
© 1999-2005 Jason Hunter|
March 1, 2009